Saturday, February 23, 2008

Is that the time?

I can't believe I've neglected my blog for so long. How are you all doing? It's getting harder to maintain - not only am I currently out of the dating game so have less dirt to dish but I've also moved offices and now sit with my monitor in view of my boss (I think he's onto me). I might actually have to bite the bullet and finally buy a Mac of my very own.

But I do actually have another good reason for the long silence: I'm just back from a little jaunt across the pond with MC. Sipping a very chilled sauvignon blanc in the poolside bar of a boutique hotel in central New York last weekend I realised that life should be all about moments like that. I must plot my escape forthwith (Dear The Secret, could you please fix me up with a funky editorial job in NYC? thanks awfully).

Even without the teaser of life USA-style I'm SO done with my current address. I've lived in relative tranquility in my little box in the sky (read hugely overpriced rented flat) for nearly two years now. I've had the same downstairs neighbours in all that time but suddenly they are turning into the neighbours from hell. At 4.30am this morning I found myself stamping on the floor when they decided to have an impromptu party. They've gone from never being around to being completely nocturnal. It's typical of London life that I have never actually met them, although somebody once told me the chap is a pilot. Methinks he needs a few more longhaul assignments (unless of course that's the very reason for the late nights). Listening to them braying away in the twilight hours is really getting rather tedious. Then there's MC's snoring... suffice it to say that I now have first hand understanding of why sleep deprivation is such an effective form of torture.

6 comments:

Grace said...

Been missing your blog posts!

Blog more often :-P

x

ExMi said...

good to see you back and blogging!


wanted to invite you to the New South African Bloggers Network

http://sabloggers.ning.com

sign up.

let's all hook up.

Peas on Toast said...

Goddamn girl, I've missed you! Glad to see things with MC are still going strong, and you've been but fluttering about in NYC, am so jealous!

Am also thinking of moving. The comfort zone holds me back though. Its a strong hold.

zuzula said...

hi folks, yes, i'm back! sorry about the silence...

Grace - likewise!

Expensive thrills - thank you, but I'm not South African! Am a Londoner born & bred I'm afraid...


Peas - I know exactly what you mean. It's so easy to stay put. I'm going to find it very hard to move on!

The Blonde Blogshell said...

Welcome back!! Missed you missy!

Sipping wine by the pool...now that's something I need to do ASAP!
How lovely!

We're also thinking about moving. It's daunting but exciting. Right? Right? *trying to make myself feel better*

Grace said...

Oooo... btw.... Get a MacBook.... then you can blog to us from *all* over the world... even bed :-)

I swear by it

x